CUTPL Board Meeting Minutes for April 2007
Regular Board Meeting - April 3, 2007
Meeting adjourned: 8:05 p.m.
Executive: Personnel issues discussed.
Call to order: 8:10 p.m.
Adjourn: 8:40 p.m.
Established Quorum: Kathleen Kline, Rita Lawson, Phil Mallory, Rebecca Church & Ron Cole.
Absent: Dave Campbell & Peg Schuldt
- Phil made a motion to accept the March 6, 2007 meeting minutes Phil, Kathleen seconded the motion. The motion passed.
- Rita made a motion to accept the March 22, 2007 minutes, Rebecca seconded the motion. The motion passed.
- Accept claim numbers 2824-2866 which includes payroll. Kathleen made the motion, Rebecca seconded the motion.
- CD @ Monterey Bank- it rolled over for two years (we were at 3.1%) bumped it up to 4.3%. @ 37,235.70.
Antiquarian Society Report:
- Fred Karst, Jeff Kenney & Dusty Henderson provided an update to the Library Board. The Committee keeps in contact with the Indiana Historical Society. Will set-up a preview of what the Museum will be offering. The Committee is in the process of hiring a consultant to design the exhibits for the Museum. The goal of the Committee is to make the Museum embrace all aspects of the Community of Union-Township.
- Staffing: Hope is to have a Friends of the Library be involved in the staffing. Fred Karst reported the Museum should not require a lot of staffing. Jeff Kenney is a member & Secretary for the Committee.
- Construction process: On-going. Dusty Hendrix is the civil engineer and Kevin Burger will be consulting with the Committee.
- First objective is to improve the facility to accept the exhibits from the Museum designer.
- It will be important for Carol to be involved in the development of the Museum process. The Board agreed Carol needs to be part of the Antiquarian meetings as the construction phase moves forward.
- Library will be responsible for the construction of the door into the Museum.
- Fred Karst prepared a draft press release for the Board to announce the Culver Museum. Carol reported she would review.
Directors Report & Old Business:
- Long-range plan: Worked with staff on the plan in January. Part of the plan, was to create a Children Advisory Committee. Carol would like to meet with the Committee prior to the Troyer Group meeting on April 25th from 9:00-3:00 p.m. Will be bringing a team of four.
- Troyer Group: Boiler room, entrance into Museum, cabinets into Carols office (fireproof cabinets for audits, minutes, etc), Childrens & YA area and the conference room upstairs.
- Carpet: ChemDry estimate to clean high traffic areas for $528.00. Phil made a motion to clean the carpets and Rita seconded the motion.
- Window Replacement: Plymouth Glass cannot complete the job. Carol has calls into the Architect who designed the window. She will report back to the Board.
- The parking lot: Carol spoke with Larry Miller, Larry Cunningham and John Guenin. The agreement was the Bank would give us the Easement resurface he entire parking lot. Replace guard rails and the Town can supply the trees. Timeline: Begin the quote process.
- Dedication to the two workers killed during the construction of the Library. There will be plaques made in their memory when the parking lot is completed.
- Tents for Taste of Culver. Furniture & Equipment fund. 15 tents at $69 per tent (with a 10% discount). Phil made the motion and Kathleen seconded the motion. The motion passed.
No public comment.
© Culver-Union Township Public Library