CUTPL Board Minutes for February 2007
Culver-Union Township Public Library
February 8, 2007
Call to order: 6:10 p.m.
Adjourn: 7:35 p.m.
Call to Order: 7:40 p.m.
Participants: Rita Lawson, Peg Schuldt, Ron Cole, Kathleen Kline,
Gene Chipman: Library Attorney, Carol Jackson, Director
Introductions were made to members of the government class attending the board meeting.
Election of Officers: tabled to March 2007.
Secretary Report:Table till March
Dec. claims: 364-391 5115-5177
January: 374-391 5172-5227
- The Board requested Carol provide a copy of all expenses (including the credit card)
- No approved budget: Carol sent June end of month reports to DLGF for review two weeks ago. Approved budget in February, hopefully. The Department of Local Government and Finance states that things are being approved very slowly.
- Feb. 23rd: Meeting at the Marshall County Court House to discuss the Circuit Breaker tax law, possible delays in June property tax, and the effect on libraries. Taking place at the Court House at 1:00 pm.
- Safe deposit box: keys were found.
- First Farmers Bank & Trust: Certificate of balances presented. New signature sheet for the safe deposit box was signed by Board members.
- MCCF: 126,000 Lib. Improvement fund: we can do what we want with this 5% of the annual amt. one time per year. Currently, no agreement with MCCF for this fund or the other investment fund that we hold with them. Carol will present a draft of an agreement at the next Board meeting.
- PERF Authorizing Agent: Names needed to be changed from Vicky Shumowsky to Carol Jackson and Jim Faulkner. Board Signatures required to make this change. Appropriate resolution signed.
- Insurance Policy: Current policy covers about $150,000 which is not enough to cover our items. We have $67,000 new computers as of 2007. It would be an additional $125 increase a year. Coverage increased by 250,000 for contents insurance. Peg made a motion, and Rita second. Motion passed.
- Working with Bob Kline of Norcen Insurance on the schedule of commercial property.
- Technical Control Solutions informed us that all boilers were set at different setting and could have resulted in the heat shutting off Friday night (2/2/07).
- Condensation is causing some problems with the pipes.
- Updated system as directed by the Board.
- Policies: Carol is working on re-writing the Disaster Recovery Policy.
- Bench fix-up: Submitted old Bench price and his insurance will replace it. New bench is $300 for a solid steel bench. Wait until insurance money is paid.
- My Library DVD: It is up & running adding link to the Library website. It is on a six-month trial period.
- Book Blitz: Does not appear to fit the needs of the Library. May introduce a Dewey system training for staff.
- State Library workshop on the Summer Reading Program: Carol, Linda & Ali. It takes place February 28th.
- Jeff attending a roundtable at Crawfordsville Public Library where the new Montgomery County History Museum will be toured March 30th.
- IN State Library: Still trying to decide on INCOLSA. This will affect workshops, inter-library loans and professional development.
- Annual Report for the State Library was completed.
- Carol is waiting for a quote for the keyless entry system for the front and rear doors.
Meeting adjourned: 8:24 p.m.
© 2014 Culver-Union Twp. Public Library, Culver, IN