CUTPL Board Minutes for January 2007
Culver-Union Township Public Library
January 9, 2007
Present: Ron Cole, Rita Lawson, Dave Campbell, Peg Schuldt, Carol Jackson, director, Gene Chipman, Atty
Absent: Rebecca Church, Kathleen Kline
The Meeting was called to order at 7:20 pm. A Quorum was established.
Election of 2007 Officers was tabled until all members are present.
The minutes from the December 5th meeting were read. Rita made a motion for approval and Peg second. 4-0 Ayes
The minutes from the December 19th meeting were read. Rita made a motion for approval and Dave second. 4-0 Ayes
Treasurers Report tabled until February meeting. In the middle of year end reports.
Computrain updated and messed up the deposit record from Oct through Dec.
- Polly Wolf establishing Wednesday monthly and Thursday evening weekly book clubs.
- Ali and Linda are working on intense programming schedule changes for their department. Chinese New Year will be Feb 11th, and two girls from the community are teaching Chinese classes once a week. About 5-6 students participating.
- We have a couple of 8th graders that are volunteering their time in the Childrens Area.
- Community service projects list will be kept so that volunteers would have things to do if they want to volunteer some time.
- Looking at organizing and more displays in the adult area and childrens area, also
- Linda T., Jeff, Ali, Polly and Carol meet monthly to plan programming. Jan. 16th is the next meeting is anyone has suggestions.
- We did not receive the SIA grant but they had suggestions for the next time we apply.
- Linda T. and Carol are looking at 2 other grants that might help our library.
- Report given on the work that Easterday has been doing. Snow melt mats are complete.
- Revisited the proposal for the outside courtyard work.
- $230 approved to do front railing
- $67 approved for grout/ and caulk
- $138 approved for the bike rack
- Alternate #3 was approved which included alternate 2 bid. $2175 plus $138 bike rack
- Motion made by Dave to accept the Easterday bid and second by Peg 4-0 approved
- Technical Control Solutions H-HVAC maintenance - $1200.00 optional remote monitoring 3,048/year with quarterly inspections 4 air handling boiler and chiller.
- Dave made the motion that we accept the contract as written. Rita second 4-0 approved.
- Discussion Do we need monitoring? Carol reported that monitoring has been effective and Tech Control has been fixing problems recently. Amend to include monitoring passed 4-0
- Salary Schedule Peg made the motion to accept the 2007 Salary Schedule
- Dave second 4-0 approved.
- Moved Linda Johnston to genealogy
- Cass to technical services position
- Job Descriptions/Policies tabled
- Jan 27th Edna Tabor Retirement Party from 2-4
- Linda Thorne - new childrens librarian introduced.
- Magazine Subscriptions
- Our subscription with Ebsco is $2244 for 47 subscriptions
- Our new company WT Cox is $2487 for 117 subscriptions
- Polly and Cass Book Blitz in Indy -- $240 per person/4 day workshop
- Dave motioned Rita 2nd
- Linda and Ali Teen Books workshop/Ft Wayne/ $185 per person/Jan 23rd
- Dave motioned Peg 2nd
- Carol to San Jose, CA /PLA workshop on Customer Service/ $210 plus hotel and travel/March 1-4
- Peg motioned Rita 2nd
- Memorial Day
- 4th of July
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Eve
- New Year Day of 2008
- Day before Thanksgiving close early
- Day after Thanksgiving at directors discretion
- New Years Eve close early
- Board meeting calendar and holidays approved 4-0
Meeting Room Use application - after discussion it was decided to leave fees as is.
Resolution to pay bills with prior approval signed for 2007
Dave questioned investigating any persons who have been banned. Suggested Carol does an update on this.
No public comment at this time.
Meeting adjourned at 8:45 pm.
Submitted by Peg Schuldt
© 2014 Culver-Union Twp. Public Library, Culver, IN