CUTPL Board Minutes for March 2007
Culver-Union Township Public Library
March 6, 2007
Call to Order: 7:09 p.m.
Meeting Adjourn: 9:10 p.m.
Quorum: Ron Cole, Rebecca Church, Phil Mallory, Peg Schuldt, Kathleen Kline & Rita Lawson, Gene Chipman (Attorney), Carol Jackson, Director
Absent: Dave Campbell
- Jan. 9th & February 8th 2007 meeting minutes were distributed. The minutes were read. Peg made a motion to accept the 1.9.07 minutes and Kathleen seconded the motion. Peg made a motion to accept the 2.8.07 meeting minutes Rita seconded the motion.
- A Resolution to allow, accept and disburse electronic transfer of the funds to and from the Librarys bank account. Rita made a motion & Rebecca seconded the above motion. Motion passed.
- Questions from Board members regarding cost of programming. It was agreed the Director should approve all future programming costs.
- February Claim numbers 2490-5278 Approved unanimously
- Budget: Approved Budget: hope to have it approved by DLGF by the end of April.
- CD in Monterey: Matures on 3.21. It is a LIRF investment fund. The balance is $137,147.36. 3.1% interest rate. Director asked that when it matures, the Board can re-invest in a higher interest rate CD in the First National Bank Monterey Bank. Phil made the motion, Peg seconded the motion. The motion passed.
- $50,000 is budgeted for improvements whatever is not spent, is rolled over to the LIRF fund at First Farmers Bank & Trust.
- Board appointments: Rita Lawson & Phil Mallory. Carol will record each at the Court House.
- Update contact List of Library Board members. Carol will email updated list.
- All elected officials to remain the same for 2007.
- Ron Cole as President, Kathleen Kline as Secretary & Rebecca Church as Treasurer. Rita made a motion and Peg seconded the motion. 6-0 ayes
- Material Development Report: Cassie is responsible for keeping this Report up to date. Staying within our budget.
- Library policy on ordering a duplicate book: Will order, as needed. Otherwise, Baker & Taylor alerts the Library when the book has been ordered as a duplicate
- Renting of books: McNaughten. Carol will follow-up on this issue.
- Metatraffic Counter for website: New web pages. Encouraged all members to peruse the website. Working on changing website calendar each month. Located free version.
- Reference USA: $1,100. Will be able to track the program with metatraffic. Will track for a year and re-evaluate.
- Workshops: Allie. Linda & Carol attended State Library Meeting for Summer Reading. Will attend a workshop in Plymouth on early literacy presenter is one of seven national trainers developing the Program. How to teach parents how to teach literacy skills. The Community Partner is Ms. Seifert from Wesley Preschool. She will be attending the training with Linda Thorne in Plymouth
- Director is considering a training on April 3rd Annual Employment Law Seminar. The cost is $325.00. Kathleen made a motion and Rebecca seconded.
- Cass is weeding collection of all paperbacks. Some are being sent to Iraq.
- Two display cases: Working ahead six months on scheduling the displays.
- Peggy: Meeting Room book: transfers to calendar on the web.
- Massive all-library inventory the last weekend of April. Close Library at noon on Saturday, Saturday, April 28th. Utilize the Follet system compare to patron records. No inventory done in five years. Will wipe out all fines (in exchange for canned food) in April.
- Policy Reviews: Carol will provide Board members with drafts of policies for Board members to approve two weeks before meeting. Board will meet on Tuesday, March 20th & Thursday, March 22nd at 6:00 p.m. to review policies.
- Library Annual Financial Report is completed.
- The three-month warranty is up in March. Service agreement on Anco: $888.000 payable on 3.21.07. Motion to accept Copy Maintenance agreement. Phil made a motion, Peg seconded the motion. 5-0 ayes.
- Turners Lock & Load: Missing six master keys. The keyless entrance on each door, it would be $3,000. Therefore, changing cylinder of locks. Will sign-off on all keys to staff. There will be a policy in place. Rita made a motion, Rebecca seconded the motion. 5-0 ayes
- Bench: Received check from Insurance agency. The difference was $265.00 (including the insurance money). Easterday Construction provided the quote. Rita made a motion to replace the new bench with the additional charges. Phil seconded the motion
- My Library DV: On website. Bookmarks at the front desk with instructions.
- Taste of Culver Update: Saturday, July 14th. Response letters positive comments. Rules & regulations to provide businesses. Dicks Sports: 12 tents at $69.00 (10% off sale). Carol will check with Academy regarding tents.
- $803 loss in CD and DVDs Dec-Feb.
- Troyer Group Quote: MCCF is at about $127,000. The other MCCF fund is $95,000. In addition, a check was received for $75,000 to go into Rainy Day ($128,000). $393,000 in LIRF. Out of all of those funds: remodeling would come out of the funds. Re-designing the Librarys space on the upper level is the thrust of the quote. The quote of $11,500 as stated in the March 1st Letter of Proposal. The meeting area would be done first. The Childrens area will follow the meeting area renovation. Kathleen made a motion to approve of the Troyer Group 3.1.07 Letter of Proposal architecture quote of $11,500 plus reimbursable expenses Rebecca seconded the motion.
- Antiquarian Society: Will provide the Library Board with an update at the April 3rd Library Public Board meeting. Will review Summer 2006 agreement.
No public comment.
Adjourned at 9:10 pm
© Culver-Union Township Public Library