Skip Navigation
Catalog
History
Children's Room
Teen Zone

CUTPL Board Minutes for January 2008

Jan. 8th Board Meeting Minutes

Jan. 22nd Meeting Room Minutes

Culver Union Township Library

Meeting Notes

January 8, 2008

Call to Order: 7:13 p.m.

Adjourn: 7:55 p.m.

Participants: Ron Cole, Kathleen Kline, Peg Schuldt, Phil Mallory, Rita Lawson, Dave Campbell, Gene Chipman (attorney), Carol Jackson (Director).

Absent: Rebecca Church

Officer Election:

Kathleen Kline will end her four year term. She was appointed by the School Board. Carol asked all resumes and letters of interest be given to the School Board.

Rebecca Church will continue as Treasurer

President: Ron Cole Dave/Kathleen

Secretary: Rita Lawson – Kathleen/Peg

Secretary’s Report:

Phil made a motion to accept the construction meeting minutes on 12. 20.07 -- Kathleen seconded the motion. The motion passed.

Kathleen made a motion to accept the finance meeting on 12.20.07 –Dave seconded the motion. The motion passed.

Phil made a motion to accept the 12.4.07 meeting minutes – Rita seconded the motion. The motion passed.

Treasurer Report:

The Library is looking at over $45,000 over our budget. Computrain is working with the Library on this issue. Because fixing the windows, railings, heating/cooling issues were not budgeted for. The Library has borrowed $45,000 from the Rainy Day Budget – because there was not Rainy Day monies budgeted for 2007, Carol will use the appropriated 2008 Rainy Day budget to pay back the $45,000. Carol budgeted $125,000 for 2008 Rainy Day budget in 2008

The Library received 80% of Tax Draw. The Library will receive the other 20% in February.

Director Report:

Carol distributed 2008 Library Board meeting times and 2008 Holiday closings.

Staff training: Worked on long-range plan (2008-2010). Hope to complete by first of February along with Annual and Financial Report.

Mission Value and Vision Statement: Ensuring they are all working together.

The staff in degreed positions: are all signed up for classes.

Changed phone plan: Will save $1,700 in phone bills – this is through e-rate.

Children’s Room renovation: January 21st. Troyer meeting with Children’s Council to discuss drawings/ideas.

The meeting is at 7:00 p.m. After the meeting, by the February 1st meeting, Troyer will have redone drawings to present at Feb. Library Board meeting. Goal is to submit bids in March – and have it completed by June 2008.

Meeting room renovation begins the week of Monday, January 14th (DT Construction).

First walk through with Troyer Group for the meeting room renovation -- is January 24th at 9:00 a.m.

Meeting room: Clearing out the room – and all will be donated to the Philippines for the Library.

The library received $250 donation for books in the name of Mrs. Ruth Benson.

Two major leaks in windows (second floor in Carnegie side – and one by the Adult section). Carol will contact Lafayette Glass. Phil suggested to have all the windows looked at while they are here fixing the two windows.

Storage shed: completed New Years Day.

Dave made a motion to accept the 2008 Library Holiday Closings – Phil seconded the motion. The motion passed.

Public Comment:

Bobbie asked about the accepted bid of DT Construction for $63,918. These funds will be taken out of the LIRF fund.

Board Meeting Minutes

January 22, 2008

6:30 pm

Present: Ron Cole, Dave Campbell, Rita Lawson, Peg Schuldt, Phil Mallory, Carol Jackson Director.

Absent: Rebecca Church

The meeting was called to order. Quorum was established.

Carol requested that the funds be approved for purchase of new computers for all stations at the library. 16-18 public computers, 8-9 staff computers, 2 upgraded memory computers, and 2 AWE (Early Literacy Stations) for the children’s area. The funds would also cover software packages for all the new computers.

The motion was made to approve the funding – not to exceed $40,000 from the LIRF account. Phil Mallory made the motion and Dave Campbell second. After a brief discussion the motion passed in favor 5-0.

The meeting was adjourned. 7:15 pm

Submitted Carol Jackson Director

© 2014 Culver-Union Twp. Public Library, Culver, IN