CUTPL Board Minutes for June 2008
Culver Public Library
Board Meeting Minutes
June 3, 2008
Present: Ron Cole, Carol Saft, Dave Campbell, Rita Lawson, Alfred Nyby, Gene Chipman Attorney, Carol Jackson, Director.
Absent: Peg Schuldt
The meeting was called to order and quorum established.
Minutes were read from the May 6 meeting. Dave Campbell made the motion to accept the minutes as read, second by Carol Saft. Passed 5-0. Minutes were read from the May 20 meeting. Carol Saft made the motion to accept the minutes with the addition that there was discussion that an outside CPA might be hired to audit the books, second by Alfred Nyby. Passed 5-0.
Rita Lawson made the motion to accept the payment of claims, seconded by Dave Campbell. Passed 5-0. Carol Jackson will follow up on questions concerning the financial report.
- Ron Cole will put the plaques up in the chosen place. He has the equipment needed.
*Contacted 2 CPS’s – need a time line for completion of audit.
- The staff is moving into the Children’s Room and it will be open on Thursday, June 5. There is some work that will be completed after the opening. Furniture for the children’ room is estimated at $14,000. *Saft recommended not spending this $ until books are corrected.
- Summer reading, “Catch the Reading Bug”, for adults, youth and children will begin on June 7.
- The staff is working on overdue fines (approx $6000). Letters have been sent and some materials returned and $1200 has been collected.
- We are waiting for a quote on the history room door.
- We have a $2625 quote from Computrain for an investment management and capital assets program if we are interested. Discussion followed. Tabled until July.
- Rita Lawson made the motion to change the meeting night to the third Tuesday of each month as discussed at the May 20 meeting, second by Carol Saft. The July meeting will be on July 15. No other business was discussed.
*If the 09 budget does not exceed growth quotient it doesn’t have to go before the county council for review. The GQ number will be announced by July 1st.
Public comment from several community members.
Rita Lawson made the motion to adjourn, second by Carol Saft. Passed 5-0.
Submitted by Rita Lawson
*Corrections added to the minutes at the July 15, 2008 board meeting before approval.
© 2014 Culver-Union Twp. Public Library, Culver, IN