CUTPL Board Minutes for May 2008
Board Meeting Minutes - May 6, 2008
Present: Ron Cole, Carol Saft, Peg Schuldt, Dave Campbell, Rita Lawson, Rebecca Church, Phil Mallory, Carol Jackson Director
The meeting was called to order and quorum was established.
Minutes were read from the April 1, 2008 meeting. Carol made the motion to accept the minutes as read. Peg 2nd. Passed 7-0
Rita made the motion to accept the payment of claims. Rebecca 2nd. Passed 7-0
Responses were given to questions asked at the April meeting.
Children's Gift, Wells, and General gift amounts may be transferred between funds.
PLAC - Deposit mistake. Posted as regular deposit and not PLAC
Rainy Day - overage - Rainy Day is a fund within Operating - and deposit was split between Rainy Day Fund and Operating accounts.
- Linda Thorne and Carol Jackson attended the Conference for Trends in Public Libraries held in Columbus, OH. Our library is doing well - Patron attendance, budget, etc. Every state is being cut in funding, staffing, etc. Many libraries shut down. Programs and services -- we are doing well in comparison.
- Colleen Carpenter Rowe doing several programs in the local history dept for National Historical Preservation Month with the help of Linda Johnston.
- Linda T and Ali are going into schools this month to do PR for Summer Reading Program. This year's theme is "Catch the Reading Bug" for the children's area. The youth and adults theme will be "Metamorphosis" and we are focusing on areas that deal with CHANGE.
- Several restaurants have already committed for the Taste of Culver in July.
- Update on the children's area renovation - All carpeting is being replaced with an additional $957 being added to the original bid. Walls are painted - and ready for second coat. The completion date is still close to the original - even though we had about a week and a half set back because of issues with the building permit.
- Trees have been planted - Thanks to Judy Sawhook and so many others that made this happen.
- The entrance doors on the lower level have been fixed - nails in the frames were too short and the frame was starting to sag.
- Parking lot will be completed with sealant after the curbs are fixed.
- Gap at back entrance to the history room will be sealed - waiting on quote.
- The AC/Heating unit for the new meeting area was changed from a pipe drain on the floor to a small pump that will drain into the sink in the boiler room.
- Rebecca Church will be leaving the board after this meeting. We will miss her and wish her well in Pennsylvania.
The Director requested that Colleen Carpenter Rowe be moved from part time to full time status. This will include all benefits that are part of full time status. She will continue as head of the local history/genealogy department. Phil made the motion -- Carol 2nd - passed 7-0
No other business was discussed.
Public Comment from several community members.
Carol Saft made the motion to adjourn. Peg 2nd --passed 7-0
Submitted by Rita Lawson
Special Agenda/Finance Meeting - May 20, 2008
Present: Ron Cole, Carol Saft, Peg Schuldt, Rita Lawson, Alfred Nyby, Carol Jackson Director, Jim Faulkner bookkeeper.
Absent: Phil Mallory, Dave Campbell
Call to Order at 6:30
Discussed several Finace questions that had been brought up throughout the course of the past several months. Responded with answers and backup data when available. vInquired about hiring an outside CPA/accountant to review past years bookkeeping.
© Culver-Union Township Public Library