CUTPL Board Minutes for April 2017
CULVER UNION TOWNSHIP PUBLIC LIBRARY
Regular Board Meeting April 18 2017
CUTPL Board Minutes, April 18 2017
CUTPL Board Meeting
April 18, 2017
Time: 7:00 pm
Place: Carnegie Room
Call to order/Pledge of Allegiance
Members: Karen Boland, Bill Cleavenger, Paul Liette, Flannery Posner, Melanie Robertson, Teri Baker, Bill Githens.
Attendance: All present and accounted for.
Agenda approval: motion to accept by Paul; seconded by Karen. All ayes
Public Comment: N/A
Motion to approve March minutes: made by Paul; seconded by Teri. All ayes; Bill Githens, Karen, Flannery abstained.
Treasurer's Report: Paul Liette
- Expenditures: YTD below what we expected
- Revenues $318 over what we had projected
- All our bank balances: $68k over what we had a year ago
- Reserve funds: $56k more than last year
- Paul asked to have financial reports completed by 10th of the month
- Motion to accept February 2017 Accounts Payable Register: motion made by Karen; seconded by Paul. All ayes; Bill Githens abstained.
- Motion to accept March 2017 Accounts Payable Register: motion made by Karen; seconded by Bill. All ayes. Bill Githens abstained.
- Jim Faulkner: reporting a mistake in transition to new payroll system. Will incur late fees on Feb and March withholdings on Federal, FICA, Social Security, State & County. Did not have IRS or State set up. Awaiting PIN in the mail.
Also, three employees reported incorrectly to payroll program as Marshall County residents. Late fees on their taxes as well.
Policy Committee: Colleen McCarty
- Revising policy manual
- Reviewed table of contents, organizing by categories
- Hired a firm to update our employment policies
- Employees taking a questionnaire regarding their job description and what they actually do.
- Next month, will send out Board by laws for review.
Facilities Committee: Bill Cleavenger
- Motion to move ahead on Carnegie window replacement with Larson-Jolly Contracting bid of $5106.43: motion made by Paul; seconded by Flannery. All ayes.
- HVAC/roof: Bill updated the Board on his progress of repairing/replacing the roof/membrane.
- HVAC: Havel out of South Bend. Inspection of chiller: $1150. Will also supply controls (additional cost).
- 2nd company coming Thursday from Indy. Looking at entire system, providing a bid and proposal on that.
- Tom Cook at M/E said he would give us a quote for overseeing the project.
- Will have bids back within 60 days for total HVAC.
- Courtyard: two proposals - Troyer and Alliance.
- Table this until we get response from Troyer to update their bid to include additional items. Motion to accept made by Bill; seconded by Paul.
Director's Report: Colleen McCarty
- In March, we used 9 volunteer hours
- Program of the month: two of interest. 1) Tri Kappa Student Art Show April 28th & 29th in large meeting room. 2) April 22nd: Smart Money Week - Buying a Home
- Esme has begun as Youth Services Manager; very busy scheduling all elementary school classes and headstart classes to come to the library and talk about summer reading program.
- New hire: circulation staff Ryan Calhoun. Evenings and Saturdays.
- Thanks to the FOL for Nat'l Library Week luncheon
- Successful coding boot camp on April 7th & 8th. Partnered with Academy & CCHS. 20 participants
- CUTH: applying for software. Become a silent partner with them. Worthwhile project, just not enough staff hours to commit right now. Digitizing items to Indiana Memory. More details to come. Applying in June. Board has to vote to partner with them.
- Antiquarian Historical Society - 3 programs in summer: Lewis and Clark, Ben Hur, & Farming in Union Township.
- Bill proposed getting a water cooler for the break room from Overmyer Water
Motion to adjourn made by Flannery; seconded by Paul.
Adjourned at 8:52 pm.
CULVER UNION TOWNSHIP PUBLIC LIBRARY
Executive Session April 25 2017
CUTPL Board Minutes, April 25 2017
Date: Tuesday, April 25, 2017
Location: Large meeting room, CUTPL
Board members present: Melanie Robertson, Teri Baker, Bill Cleavenger, Paul Liette, Karen Boland, Flannery Posner
CUTPL Director Colleen McCarty
Former Board Member Alfred Nyby
Board Members Absent: Bill Githens
Meeting called to order at 7:00 pm by President Melanie Robertson
The CUTPL Board of Trustees certifies that no subject matter was discussed in the Executive Session other than the subject matter specified in the Public Notice -- IC 5-14-1.5-6.1 (b) (9)
Adjourned at 7:56 pm by President Melanie Robertson.
Minutes taken by Flannery Posner
© Culver-Union Township Public Library