CUTPL Board Minutes for May 2017
CULVER UNION TOWNSHIP PUBLIC LIBRARY
Regular Board Meeting May 16 2017
CUTPL Board Minutes, May 16 2017
CUTPL Board Meeting
May 16, 2017
Time: 6:59 pm
Place: Carnegie Room
Call to order/Pledge of Allegiance
Members: Karen Boland, Bill Cleavenger, Paul Liette, Flannery Posner, Melanie Robertson, Teri Baker, Bill Githens.
Attendance: All present and accounted for.
Agenda approval: Motion made by Bill; seconded by Paul. All ayes.
Public Comment: N/A
Review & Approve April 18, 2017 Meeting Minutes: motion made by Teri, seconded by Karen. All ayes.
Review & Approve April 25, 2017 Executive Board Meeting Minutes: motion made by Karen, seconded by Bill C. All ayes. Bill Githens abstained.
Treasurer's Report: Paul Liette
Review and Approve April 2017 Allowance of Accounts Payable Vouchers
- $10k insurance payment this month that would normally take place in May, so cash is lower than this time last year
- All other financial reports normal and in line with projected
- Total expenditures: $52,075.32; payroll and pass-through fund added to total expenditures, totaling $86,672.08 for Total Accounts Payable Vouchers, even though we did not actually pay that much.
- Motion to accept April 2017 Accounts Payable Vouchers made by Flannery, seconded by Teri. All ayes.
Policy Committee: Colleen McCarty
Review of Board Bylaws
- Need to vote next meeting on establishing the Facilities Committee as a standing committee with a regular meeting each month
- Job questionnaires of all employees are completed and in the hands of Waggoner, Irwin, and Sheele
Facilities Committee: Bill Cleavenger
Original list of projects gave us piecemeal costs; needed to have a best guess of what everything we wanted to do would cost
HVAC: 1 more contractor coming tomorrow; he originally put the controls on current system. Hopefully by next board meeting will have a quote from him.
Tom Wood charges $180/hr. Once we get new bids in, Bill proposes we have him review these bids before we accept anything
Courtyard Design plans: two bids; Bill recommends taking Alliance bid
Carpet: obtain preliminary cost of moving stack area, in addition to carpet costs from two other carpet retailers
Roof membrane: obtain bids for resealing current membrane, rather than replacement. No need for infrared study. Just need to coat the membrane
Painting: cost estimates needed for interior/exterior painting
Metal roof: obtain quotes for caulking joints as outlined in envelope study
Requesting Board approval for following projects:
Courtyard Design Plans: $10,000
Chiller inspection: bids not to exceed $1500
ME Engineering review of HVAC bids: not to exceed $500
Motion made by Bill G.; seconded by Paul. All ayes.
Director's Report: Colleen McCarty
- Volunteer hours: 11.5 in children's and adult services
- FOL moving Amazon sales from staff room to new office - large closet in large meeting room
- Program of the month: Saturday, May 20th and June 17th, new employee Janet doing a program on genealogy searching
- Summer Reading Program: ice cream kick off, Monday, June 5th for youth, YA, and adults. Theme: Build a Better World
- Record circulation stats in March and April
- Esme has applied for free safe eclipse sunglasses and an education kit. Total eclipse of the sun: August 21st
AED Training: 2nd week of June, Dan Cowell will be able to be here. Open to the public and Board members. $30 for the class.
Motion needed to pay staff for those hours that they come in for training. Bill G. made the motion; seconded by Paul. All ayes.
C-UTH Request for Meeting: having a rep from Indiana Memory (Indiana State Library digitization project) will come up on Friday, June 9th, 1:30-3:30 pm at the Library to have a meeting with the Library, C-UTH and the Antiquarian Society to discuss the partnership between the three groups. Colleen, Andrew, and Janet will attend Interested board members are invited.
Finance Committee: Alfred Nyby and Paul Liette remain on the Finance Committee. Bill Githens appointed to Finance Committee.
Facilities Committee: Karen Boland appointed to Facilities Committee. Bill Cleavenger, Bill Githens, and Teri Baker remain.
Policy Committee: Karen Boland, Flannery Posner, Melanie Robertson remain on the Policy Committee.
Karen updated the Board on student liaisons to the Board. 2 student members from Culver Community. All of our students from CGA are graduating. 2 new CGA students will join.
Bill asked about compensation for Kathy.
Bill proposed idea of an audit. Paul said he wants to reconsider and hold off on that until he gets further into his role as Treasurer.
Colleen mentioned that Andrew is in final stages of testing prior to ordering computers. Between $25-27k. He will propose numbers at next Board meeting.
Motion to adjourn made by Karen, seconded by Paul. All ayes.
Adjourned at 8:14 pm.
Minutes submitted by Flannery Posner, Secretary
© Culver-Union Township Public Library