Friends of the Culver-Union Twp. Public Library
Friends of the Library Groups are a special team of volunteers that enable Public Libraries to do great things. Seasonal booksales, programming, and extra "edu-tainment" events are just a few things that our friends promote and sponsor at The Culver-Union Twp. Public Library.
Reminder - April book sales are coming up! Thursday, April 25th from 4:00 OPM - 7:00 PM and April 26th-27th from 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM. Join us for a fantastic selection of books.
New Officers Elected
Newly Elected Officers for 2012-2013 (left to right)
President - Charlotte Hahn
Treasurer - Cathy Emmons
Vice President - Marsha Egan
FRIENDS OF THE CULVER-UNION TOWNSHIP PUBLIC LIBRARY
ACCOMPLISHMENTS FOR 2011-2012
- Decorated/undecorated Christmas tree and Library for Christmas season
- Provided hard cover books for Teens Program: Hunger Games
- Provided downloaded books for Teen Book Club: The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
- Provided paperback books for military at airport hospitality
- Supported Hero Tree Library program; members, Dianne Johnson speaker and
- Marge Keltner, handmade cards
- Held Children's Book Sales
- Supported children's Summer Reading Program
- Donated Friends of the Library Totes for Adult Reading Program
- Honored Library Staff at Appreciation Luncheon
- Held Annual Staff Appreciation Luncheon
- Supplied free Books for the Beach
- Held several successful Book Sales
- Purchased books for One County, One Book Library Reading Program
- Seasonal flowers and decorations supplied and maintained for the Library
- courtyard and front entrance
- Membership includes 5 Lifetime members and 42 regular members
- Library showcase collections of members: Ginger Budzius, Angie Nelligan and
- Mary Ann Dutt - paper crafting; Dick Zimmerman - honored as 2012 Lakefest Parade Marshall; Janet Kline honored at 100th Woodcraft Anniversary Celebration; Charlotte Hahn - counted cross-stitch
- Participated in the Library sponsored Club Fair
- Presented a Valentine candy bouquet for Library Staff
- Volunteered to assist at the Red Cross Blood Drive held at the Library
- Joined Friends of Indiana Libraries (FOIL)
- Supplied refreshments for the Library December Holiday Open House
- Supplied refreshments for the Rita Lawson Science Fiction Dedication
- Arranged for Marge Keltner handmade card classes at the Library
New members are always welcome, dues are listed below.
- Individual $10 annually
- Family $20 annually
- Student (HS-college) $5 annually
- 15-year membership $100
- Lifetime membership $200
- Additional donations are welcome.
To join, ask for a membership form at the front desk of the library or print one and bring the completed form to the library.
Upcoming Meetings (2013)
Meetings will take place at 1:00 P.M. at Culver-Union Twp. Public Library on the following dates:
- May 6th
- June 3rd
- July - No Meeting
- August 5th
- September 9th
- October 7th
- November 4th
- December 2nd
Upcoming Book Sales (2013)
All book sales are held in the lower level of the Culver-Union Township Public Library.
Donations of used books are always welcome - please drop them off at the circulation desk of the library.
New this year at thte Friends Book Sales, we will have eevening hours on Thursdays for all four book sales. See schedule below for more information.
- April 25th - 4:00 P.M. - 7:00 P.M.
- April 26th & 27th - 9:00 A.M. - 1:00 P.M.
- June 13th - 4:00 P.M. - 7:00 P.M.
- June 14th & 15th - 9:00 A.M. - 1:00 P.M.
- September 26th - 4:00 P.M. - 7:00 P.M.
- September 27th & 28th - 9:00 A.M. - 1:00 P.M.
- October 24th - 1:00 P.M. - 4:00 P.M. - bag sale
- October 25th & 26th - 9:00 A.M. - 1:00 P.M. - bag sale
© 2013 Culver-Union Twp. Public Library, Culver, IN