Friends of the Culver-Union Twp. Public Library
Friends of the Library Groups are a special team of volunteers that enable Public Libraries to do great things. Seasonal booksales, programming, and extra "edu-tainment" events are just a few things that our friends promote and sponsor at The Culver-Union Twp. Public Library.
Upcoming book sale on April 25th and 26th from 9:00 AM to 1:00 PM.
New Officers Elected
Newly Elected Officers for 2013-2014 (left to right)
Secretary - Melanie Robertson
President - Judi Currens
Treasurer - Charlotte Hahn
Vice President - Angie Nelligan
FRIENDS OF THE CULVER-UNION TOWNSHIP PUBLIC LIBRARY
ACCOMPLISHMENTS FOR 2012-2013
- Provided ($300.00) to purchase hard cover books for the Culver High School Teen Book Club: Maximum Ride by James Patterson
- Provided ($530.00) to Library toward computer upgrades
- Supported Hero Tree Library program: member, Marge Keltner, made over 70 Patriotic cards
- Free books made available to Veterans during Hero Tree Library program
- Supported ($50.00) toward Operation Write Home Program for the Military
- Town of Culver Proclamation made in recognition of Friends of the Library during Friends of the Library week
- Held Children’s Book Sales
- Supported ($100.00) children’s Summer Reading Program
- Donated Friends of the Library Totes for Adult Reading Programs
- Held annual Staff Appreciation Luncheon during National Library Week
- Honored Library Staff at Appreciation Luncheon: Colleen McCarty, Director, for five (5) years of service
- Supplied free Books for the Culver Public Beach
- Held several successful Book Sales, including the annual October Bag Sale
- Donated books to Veterans Hospital library
- Donated books to Indiana Prison libraries
- Donated books to Plymouth Heminger House library
- Donated books to the Shipshewanna library
- Purchased ($82.00) ten (10) books for the One Book, One County Library Reading Program: The Boy Who Harnessed the Wind by William Kamkwamba
- Seasonal flowers and decorations supplied and maintained for the Library courtyard and front entrance
- Decorated/undecorated Christmas tree and Library for Christmas season
- Provided refreshments for the Library annual Holiday Open House
- Membership includes 8 Lifetime members and 46 regular members
- Library showcased collections of members: Rita Mason (baskets), Angie Nelligan (handmade cards), Cathy Emmons (turtle collection), Mary Ann Dutt (various collections) and Charlotte Hahn (needlework)
- Member, Ginger Budzius, created pictoral history of Friends of the Library Accomplishments
- Member, Angie Nelligan, handmade and sent greeting cards as needed
- Participated in the Culver town Fall Scarecrow Contest display
- Honored retiring Library Board members
- Presented a Valentine candy bouquet for Library Staff
- Volunteered to assist at the Red Cross Blood Drive held at the Library
- Continued membership in Friends of Indiana Libraries (FOIL), a division of Indiana Library Federation
- Funded building supplies for work donated to create the new bench for the Library entrance
- Received a donated book sale sign from Plymouth Coca-Cola Bottling
- Arranged for Marge Keltner handmade card classes at the Library
- Held special reading for 4-6 graders (including Boys and Girls Club participants) with Marcia Adams reading from her book.
- Donated Marcia Adams Glowing Fire books for young adult reading programs
- Purchased ($100.00) blue plastic tote baskets for patron use in the Library
- Purchased book in honor of Connie VanHorn
- Purchased ($25.00) August subscription to Book Page for distribution to patrons
New members are always welcome, dues are listed below.
- Individual $10 annually
- Family $20 annually
- Student (HS-college) $5 annually
- 15-year membership $100
- Lifetime membership $200
- Additional donations are welcome.
To join, ask for a membership form at the front desk of the library or print one and bring the completed form to the library.
Upcoming Meetings (2014)
Meetings will take place at 1:00 P.M. at Culver-Union Twp. Public Library on the following dates:
- January 6th
- February - No Meetingth
- March - No Meetingth
- April 7th
- May 5th
- June 2nd
- July - No Meeting
- August 4th
- September 8th - Annual Meetingth
- October 6th
- November 3rd
- December 1st
Upcoming Book Sales (2014)
All book sales are held at the Culver-Union Township Public Library, in the Carnegie Room.
Donations of used books are always welcome - please drop them off at the circulation desk of the library.
- April 25th & 26th - 9:00 A.M. - 1:00 P.M.
- June 21st - 9:00 A.M. - 1:00 P.M.
- July 25th & 26th - 9:00 A.M. - 1:00 P.M.
- September 26th & 27th - 9:00 A.M. - 1:00 P.M.
- October 17th & 18th - 9:00 A.M. - 1:00 P.M.
© 2014 Culver-Union Twp. Public Library, Culver, IN